Thursday, September 18, 2008

Do NOT burn after watching....

Last night, I went to see Burn After Reading. Here is my short but sweet review.

First off... I give it 4 out of 5 stars. PLEASE note, this is NOT an 8/10 but a 4/5. 8/10 sounds so much worse than 4/5. But I digress.

Plot: So weird and kooky but really intricate and excruciatingly funny. It's not even a plot that is easy to explain. The CIA get's rid of Cox citing a drinking problem. He then decides he would be a consultant and write a memior.... you know what? There isn't a point to attempting to describe the plot and still leave you wanting to see the movie (which you should). Key words: Gore, shock, disgust, sex, murder, adultery, vanity, stomach splitting lines and paranoia all in a dark comedy. If that sounds even MILDLY interesting... go to it.

Characters: Brad Pit annoys me JUUUST a little but I couldn't look my trainer in the eye without laughing and only barely overcame the huge urge to call him Chad. And Harry (George Clooney's Character) was wonderful. He played him with style and finesse. I was extremely impressed. Harry is a sex maniac, liar, paranoid and anxiety filled man. Yes... Clooney played him! And again... when on the treadmill today, I had to hold in the urge to text my movie going friend "Bet I can still get a run in". You have to see it to understand.

So go... see it.

No comments: