Saturday, September 13, 2008

9/11

The kids I teach were born after the September 11th tragedy. They have no idea about what happened on that fateful day. Not even a moment of silence at my school. In my opinion, there was not enough done by the media and towns to commemorate this day. 9/11 needs to be remembered. Yes, it's hard to see and remember. Yes, we have moved on as a country. But we need to be reminded that we are not invincible. We need to be reminded that we are a proud country. We need to be reminded that we should be a cohesive entity. A friend of mine and I had our own 9/11 memorial as we watched countless documentaries about that day. I hope we never forget the men and women that died on that day.

Currently Reading: Oryx and Crate by Margaret Atwood (Freakin awesome distopian society book)
Next Book: The Cell: Inside the 9/11 plot by John Miller
Then: only education books from now until next summer :)

No comments: